Archaeological Desk Based Assessment
An Archaeological Desk Based Assessment focuses mainly on assessing the below ground factors associated with a development, providing a clear and impartial assessment of the potential heritage impact associated with a development and how best to avoid them.
Heritage Consultants often undertake archaeological assessments to inform a planning application, or as an information gathering tool to help advise on site design and layout.
The work includes:
- data orders of the local Historic Environment Record;
- a site visit and review of data held at the Local Record Office;
- a detailed impact assessment;
- recommendations for appropriate investigation or mitigation works, where required
- project management and full quality assurance.
Works undertaken by AB Heritage comply with the Code of conduct and other relevant regulations of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists. AB Heritage is a Registered Organisation of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists and our consultants are individually accredited members
See also Heritage Assessments and Consultancy