Data Protection Policy
AB Heritage Ltd is a professional heritage consultancy owned and managed by Andy Buckley.
The registered office for the company is 102 Beach Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear NE33 2NE. Telephone: 03333 440 206.
Collection of your personal data
When you engage us for services, subscribe to an email alert or newsletter we collect:
- Your name, email address, subscription preferences and any other information you choose to provide to us.
- We may also collect information about how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on and details of which version of web browser you are using.
- Information on how visitors use our website, which is collected through Google Analytics software using anonymous overview detail.
Use of your personal data
The lawful basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal data from you only:
- Where we have your consent to do so; and
- For the specific purposes you have consented to (i.e. to provide a service or to be kept up to date with our marketing mailings).
Storage and retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected.
In most cases, if you have subscribed to an email alert or subscription service, we will keep your personal data for as long as you are subscribed to that service and delete that data once you have requested to be removed.
What do we do with your personal information?
AB Heritage will use your data for providing you with services and products requested by you or by your clients. In order to provide heritage consultancy, archaeology assessments, reports and services, and subsequent updates relating to the above, we collect personal data from yourself, staff and where appropriate your clients.
If you provide your data for the purposes of AB Heritage delivering the services above, we will use your data to maintain e-mail, telephone and offline contact with you, preferably at your place of business. We may also ask your permission to allow us to share your details, where necessary, with Third Parties to deliver the specific services and products you have requested.
We will never share your information with Third Parties for marketing purposes.
We will use your data to bring to your attention offers that you may find of value, or industry updates relating to the services you have requested from us. You may opt in or out of receiving these communications at any time.
What choices do I have about how my data is used?
You may opt out of receiving information from us by e-mail, telephone or post.
To exercise your choices, indicate your wishes when you enter into a contract with AB Heritage to provide services, unsubscribe using the link in our emails, call + 44 (0)3333 440 206, or email us at email@example.com
You may request a copy of the information held about you by writing to: The Managing Director, AB Heritage Ltd, 102 Beach Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear NE33 2NE.
Where do we process data?
We process data at our registered office at the AB Heritage Ltd, 102 Beach Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear NE33 2NE and at selected other AB Heritage offices and sites across the UK.
We operate a centralized CRM system for all data relating to providing goods and services. We apply UK data protection law to our processing.
Third party data processors
In addition to processing your data in-house, as consented, we do use some third-party companies as data processors, to provide the technology for email alerts and subscription services. Where we use third party providers, information will be provided to you when you subscribe to that service, and you may choose to opt-in or out of receiving these mailings.
We use Mail Chimp to manage subscription lists, preferences and send emails.
- Mail Chimp has staff based outside the European Economic Area and stores your data in the US
- Mail Chimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework
We use Survey Monkey from time-to-time to manage subscription lists, and capture preferences and client feedback.
- Survey Monkey has staff based outside the European Economic Area and stores your data in the US. Survey Monkey is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework
How do we keep data secure?
We take appropriate steps to maintain our contact information in a secure environment to prevent unauthorised use.
We will ensure you can exercise your rights in relation to the personal data you provide to us. These are as follows:
- Where we are relying on your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw that consent or unsubscribe from our services at any time. Instructions are provided when we collect your data.
- You can request access to the personal data we hold about you at any time by contacting us using the details are found in this notice.
- You can ask us to update your personal data if it changes. In certain circumstances, you can request we erase the personal data we hold or ask us to stop or restrict processing if you have an objection.
- If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems relating to the use of your personal data, you may complain to us by contacting us using the details found in this notice.
- You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority, about our collection and use of your personal data. They can be contacted at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
What happens when this policy changes
Changes may be necessary to this policy to reflect legal or data processing developments. If we change this policy we will provide information on our website, so that users can review the changes.